Business Environment in Cyprus
“FCI-PlusPoint” always acts with solvency and maximum personal care. It provides you with a full range of advisory – legal – accounting and tax services. Our aim is to support every business to maximize the tax and investment opportunities in Cyprus and internationally.
Cyprus offers specialized services and benefits – tax and other – to companies, individuals and international trusts to relocate to Cyprus.
The tax system of Cyprus offers perhaps the most attractive tax system in Europe, due to it’s benefits and simplicity. The country offers an efficient and transparent tax system and consistency of interpretation and practice. The scheme is fully compatible with the laws and regulations of the EU. Moreover, the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) includes Cyprus in the “white list” as one of the 45 countries which have adopted and implemented the highest level of international agreed standards harmful tax practices.
- Strategic geographic location.
- Member of European Union internal market where there is free movement of goods, services and capital.
- European currency (Euro).
- International banking system & regulations conform to EU Directives. Cyprus and international banks operate in the island.
- Simplified administration procedures – Long term economic stability and growth.
- Excellent infrastructure of both air & sea connections.
- First class communications.
- Liberal FDI policy allowing 100% participation in almost all sectors of the economy.
- Skilled workforce; highly qualified personnel and professionals.
- Greek is the official language however English is widely spoken. Manpower mastering other languages is available.
- A great place to live and work; high standard of living, foreign speaking schools, low crime rate.
- The operating costs are considered low, compared with other international financial centres.